Re: Phix first try

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
lib9 said...

Another unwelcome reception...

Sorry about that, my first reaction would be to right click on C:\Program Files (x86)\Phix or C:\Program Files (x86)\Phix\demo\edita and uncheck read-only, either should resolve the issue, however I just checked my own system and only C:\Program Files (x86)\Phix\demo\edita\edita.edb itself was thus writeable, which you may struggle to match if it could not create that file in the first place.

Rather than actually fix that, I plan to work on a replacement that stores things in %APPDATA% or something like that, but that may take a while.

PS: Edita is a bit long in the tooth, 32-bit Windows only, predates Windows getting the huff with writing to Program Files, and deserves said replacement.
PPS: That Linux segfault took me an embarassingly long time (was it nine months, was it a year and a half?) of chasing threads on SO and kernel forums
to figure out they'd changed the stack alignment, but should be fixed now (flw).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu