Re: Release questions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

What exactly is test/t_abadcase.e supposed to do? It doens't run well on Windows and in fact, hangs indefinitely until I kill the process.

-Greg

It was I who wrote that test. I spent a long time trying to shorten it and it still is longer than a baby's arm.

If it is hanging on Windows, it looks like there is a regression in the Windows build. Maybe you should run trace and trace through the program to see if there is an non-terminating loop. Perhaps the platform difference is enough to prevent a loop from terminating.

Trying to port this test to Windows without a copy of a version that triggers the bug is pointless. If you change anything, there is no way to tell if the test would work to find the old bug. You could backout of the bug-fix change and see if you trigger the bug. If you go through this, you can at least verify that the test still works. Changes should result in one where the test fails on the backed out version of Euphoria but passes on the current version of Euphoria.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu