Re: OpenEuphoria Website Survey 2018

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

i found http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/EuphoriaLinks.wc with this line: "Greg Haberek has a simple web page for his programming projects. (bad link?)" Yes, it is a bad link! (Someone should alert ghaberek ?)

LOL good find. I've corrected that. I had no idea it was there.

katsmeow said...

If i was a noobie to programming, i'd surely visit OpenEuphoria.org after stumbling across the OE page on wikipedia, but i'd never return. The problem isn't the 10 year old codebase, it's about content, and being able to find the immediate relevant content. More communication to the target audience, less about "the data is on the website somewhere, just look".

Agreed. I'd say that my biggest gripe with the site is the unorganized nature of the wiki. Tom's clearly put in a lot of work to try and wrangle the beast, but we're all limited by the tools on-hand.

If we can expand the wiki to make curating and discovering information easier, then we should be able to sort it out with less effort and in less time.

I am working on a big list of suggested improvements and a new code base that should really help accelerate a major "version 2.0" of the site.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu