Re: OpenEuphoria Website Survey 2018

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

Just a note about the survey itself, since you ask the person's gender:

From https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gender

"Usage notes

Since the 1960s, it is increasingly common — particularly in academic contexts — to distinguish between sex and gender, the former being taken as inherent biological distinctions and the latter as constructed social and cultural ones. See Wikipedia's article on the Sex and gender distinction."

The top two selections in the survey are for sex, not gender. It's annoying that people would rather be incorrect and say "gender" in common speech because they want to seem polite by not saying "sex". It's like confusing temperature and heat.

I said gender and I meant gender. What I didn't mean was "male" or "female" and that was the Google Forms filling in the suggested answers when I typed that question.

I have corrected the responses to read "I am a man" or "I am a woman" or "I prefer not to say" or "Other."

Thank you for pointing this out. That being said, please do not mistake my misstep from a survey I made late at night as any type of ignorance on the topic.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu