Re: Installing Phix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
petelomax said...

Can you tell me what happens when you run "p -test" and "p pdemo"

p -test = All tests completed successfully, 6.17 seconds

p pdemo =

C:\Phix\demo\pGUI\pdemo\setup.ew:752 in procedure setButtonStates() 
  (warning: lineno of -1 for era of #0060FC01) 
fatal exception #80000003 at #0060FC01 

So the base install seems fine, but it seems to be crashing when trying to read the windows registry.

Unfortunately that ex.err is not much help to me because of that unrecognised address (#0060FC01), and I cannot reproduce the problem here (I tried on both Windows 10 and Windows XP).

Can you run p -d pdemo and then run the pdemo.exe it produces. It will most likely give the same error but at a different address. Can you then open the list.asm it also produced (if you thought that ex.err was big...) and try and find the address given - if necessary drop the last digit, so were it the same address as above, you'd be searching for #0060FC0. Finally can you post +/-15 lines of that list.asm here.

I am expecting the offending instruction to be an int3 in builtins or builtins/VM, but I need to know precisely which one.

Meantime, you should now be able to test small snippets of code as originally wanted.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu