Re: iup // fails to load Linux so

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...

I have concluded that installing iup on Linux is too painful.

This has been my experience on Ubuntu Linux as well. I think IUP is dead in the water and references to that GUI should be deleted from the OpenEuphoria wiki pages. New users will become will not be encouraged to use Euphoria after running around in circles with the IUP toolkits.

For what it is worth...

It appears to me that currently several users are developing console and Windows libraries for euphoria 3.1 32 bit in addition to Pete Lomax's active development of PHIX with Windows support.

Meanwhile, most of the official OpenEuphoria development team is using, if not actively developing, OpenEuphoria 4.x, primarily under Linux. OpenEuphoria 4.x 64-bit has the advantage of Irv Mullin's mature, full featured, and dependable EuGTK GUI library which Pete Eberlein has used to develop his fantastic WEE Euphoria source code editor.

It is almost as if there is a defacto fork - OE 4.x LINUX with EUGTK vs Euphoria 3.1/PHIX for Windows users.

Regards, Kenneth Rhodes

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu