a problem running euwingui2

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hello,

I'm having a problem running Euwingui2, so i'd like to check if i've made any mistakes during install of OE 4.1 on 64bit Win10.

My home installation is c:\Euphoria, and i've saved euwingui2 to c:\Euphoria\euwingui2 (BTW is that an OK thing to do??).

I've followed the advice in euwingui2's readme.txt, about copying the dlls to the windows\system32 directory, and adding in my \include folder, a path to the include, by setting up EUINC like this: c:\Euphoria\euwinbui2\bin;c:\Euphoria\euwingui2\include; (BTW was that the right way to do it?)

Then i looked at euwingui2 demos, and read in demos.txt that to be able to run them i need to make sure that EuWinGUI.ew and EWGUties.ew libraries are copied into my Euphoria\Include subfolder, and that EuWinGUI.dll and the icon are copied into my Euphoria\Bin subfolder. (BTW, is that right?? Am i meant to do this as well??)

I wasn't confident enough to copy these files to Euphoria itself, so i tried to run one of euwingui2 demos (eg button.exw) by double-clicking (BTW is that right, or should i have run it from the command line?). I got the following error msg:
C:\EUPHORIA\INCLUDE\EWGUties.ew:35
<0074>:: Errors resolving the following references:
..\..\include\ewguties.ew (35): NULL
return NULL ^

Have i made a mistake somewhere? I did read about a config file. I've never done one of them before, so if that's what's wrong, could someone please tell me exactly what i should do, and i'll study it once i've got euwingui2 running? Or could it be that euwingui2 doesn't run with OE 4.1 (in which case, is there another GUI library and designer that a newbie could use?) ?

Cheers
arch

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu