Re: Back in town

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...

certainly nothing cross platform.

In what universe would anyone respond positively to that?

Agreed. Back then, FakeThreads wasn't cross platform and couldn't easily be made cross platform. And interest in FakeThreads was non-existent.

katsmeow said...

In what universe is plain ole IPC the same as transparently and (almost) instantly sharing the user-chosen variable contents between programs?

Well, we had the latter over 14 years ago with FakeThreads. If there was no interest back then, I don't see why there would be any now.

katsmeow said...

There's no polling,

FakeThreads has this.

katsmeow said...

little cpu use,

FakeThreads has this.

katsmeow said...

plus one include file which the preprocessor writes.

FakeThreads doesn't need this.

katsmeow said...

and code is eye candy

You've got me there. FakeThreads is ugly to look at.

katsmeow said...

a looooooooong way from needing it.

Agreed. I think that's true of the community in general - virtually no one needs something like this. If there was more of a need, FakeThreads would have been a lot more popular back then.

katsmeow said...

When will it ever happen that people can download a working version of Phix, without coming here and asking about the missing files?

Probably when that project has someone with time to perform release testing (downloading and running the release canidate to make sure it works). We used to have a whole team that did this for OE, but now it's just down to _tom.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu