Re: RedyCode 1.0.dev preview

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ne1uno said...

RedyCode seems like it is as much of a demo of redylib as it is a standalone program in its own right. similar to SciTE and Scintilla

far from dropping euphoria or stopping development of redylib, Ryan has made RedyCode more portable and version agnostic as well as more open to other GUI toolkits all while debuging and extending redylib as well as RedyCode. from what I understand, when redylib is used as the GUI, more specialized features of RedyCode may become available. there may even be a plugin or build-in ability so other GUI or code language specific helpers would be possible. syntax highlighting, pretty printing etc.

go into the options->preferences, you only need set path to euphoria you have to create or open a project to run and build anything. I don't think all the options are finished, this is an advanced try it version.

redylib and FluidAE and before that, there have been many iterations. RedyCode is pretty good evidence that redylib is usable now. still, some have a lot invested in some other GUI and have to work in multiple languages, so it will be great to have another tool that understands Euphoria and the build process.

I've enjoyed watching Redy progress over the years, often only in demos on IRC. one example. the latest version barely uses any CPU or memory. that is quite amazing! everywhere else you look at similar examples in other GUI or compare it to some of the modern bloatware that can barely run in a resource limited system. taking hundreds of megs or even over a gig to install as a developer. I often have plenty of other things running in the background so it is one less thing to worry about. it's mostly Euphoria and low level calls to the system. some of the tools you already have installed, required or favorite versions and will want to continue to use. as Ryan says above, there will be release versions with euphoria and compilers and redylib there are already portable versions of euphoria that redylib can be added to.

IRC:freenode/redy might be another source of information about the development IRC:freenode/euphoria is usually quiet but sometimes you can find answers there

That is very accurate.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu