Re: IPC and Shared Memory blocks

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

Does anyone have a bi-directional data sharing memory, to which more than two separate processes can connect, and all can read what any of them write to the shared memory?

Alas, I developed a nix-only solution for Euphoria over a decade and a half ago. It would actually be really simple though to port it to Windoze under Eu 4.x (if someone could find the interest).

If only such an interested person had that code. Oh, hmm, the windose msg code isn't in nix.

jimcbrown said...

So, one can in fact build a version of ZeroMQ, for Windoze, using cygwin, that supports unix domain sockets. A little bit of work perhaps, but nothing too difficult for an experienced C/C coder.

Alas, i am not that person. Rather than relying on a 3rd party solution, and given we already have a socks and http and irc solution, wouldn't it be better all the way around to have the IPC or the "Memory Sharing Library" working?

I did find a v3 version of the sharing lib that Jordah Ferguson released in 2002, which doesn't crash. It does not, however, have the windose msg passing wrapped to let processes know something happened and to look at the memory. That's all i know of it so far....

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu