Re: IPC and Shared Memory blocks

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

The reason i think this is important enough thread to be bothering you with, is that i have found and implemented a way to extract variable names and their contents for sending to separate apps which act as plugins to the main app. It will share between apps written in Eu v3.1 and OE v4 and vice versa. You pick the vars to share with a little syntax candy when declaring them, and then your program can execute

foo = "bar" 

and instantly the separate plugin would know you assigned "bar" to foo. The plugin could crash, and the app would be safe otherwise. Or, you could terminate the plugin, edit it, re-launch it, and it's part of the main application again.

But i need someone who knows windoze events and shared memory, a la

-- Windows IPC (InterProcess Communication) Library 
-- Version 1.0 
-- Thomas Parslow (patrat) 
to do this sharing properly. I have various sharing channels happening, but it isn't proper, it's many memory pools. I need one shared memory handle (for now, maybe later, more handles and pools) that is bidirectional for all the code that uses it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu