Re: RedyCode 0.9.5 development

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Here's the current development road map, trying to stick to a 6 month release schedule:

• Version 0.9.5 will not be officially released, there are too many known incomplete and buggy features, but the current unofficial source is stable enough to use (I am using RedyCode as my primary editor now!)
  • Version 1.0.0: RedyCode IDE will have the most important planned features finished (mostly related to context-sensitive help, visual widget editor, and other advanced editing features), and redylib will have a few enhancements and bug fixes. Documentation and demos will be complete. Estimated release date: Jan 1, 2017
  • Version 1.1.0: RedyLib will have all currently-planned widget classes completed. All Actions features will be implemented. Multi-monitor, monitor DPI, and regional settings (multi-language) support will be added. The graphics engine will be improved. Customizeable widget themes will be added if there is enough time. Estimated release date: June 1, 2017
  • Version 1.2.0: Redy will be ported to Linux, including Rasberry Pi (ARM) support. Estimated release date: Jan 1, 2018
  • Beyond 1.2: Consider the possibility of using Redy as a window manager/desktop environment on linux. Consider what to do about the future of OpenEuphoria itself. If development does not continue, i may be forced to take charge of providing a vision for eu 5.0 or fork it to a new language. I have put so much work into this, that if the programming language Redy depends on can't keep up, i will have to eventually come up with a solution.
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu