RedyCode 0.9.5 development

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

RedyCode 0.9.5 is under development now.

It has a redesigned Find feature that instantly shows search results in a list, which you can browse. As you select an item in the list, it instantly highlights the text in the editor. Replace is temporarily removed while i work on some other interesting new features over the next few days. Check out the latest development version at https://github.com/redy-project/RedyCode. (Once you download, run bindredy.bat to build the exe.)

To try the new Find feature, press Ctrl+F and start typing. Or, select some text and press Ctrl+F. You will instantly see results. Press Enter to return focus to the editor. When you click on items in the list, the focus stays in the editor so you can edit found text easily like Click, Paste, Click, Paste, etc. Also, you can click on other file tabs, and the search results instantly apply to what ever file you are currently looking at. As you edit a file, the search results instantly refresh.

I "find" (haha) that this new feature is much more productive than a traditional Find dialog. I have been using it today while continuing to edit redycode in redycode, and i'm quite happy with the results. What do you think?

Some very interesting features coming soon...stay tuned!

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu