column aligmnent %4d versus %d

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Euphoria 4.00.05 Windows 7 Pro
Another off-the-wall question. I just wrote a short euphoria routine that allows me to print to a inkjet printer from within euphoria without a lot of hassle. The problem is everyone asking me, "Can't you keep the columns straight?" So, I did a little test the result of which is that if I use the formatting string -> "%4d" <- I get columns that have the correct number of spaces and digits and are generally aligned but wander by about 1/2 character width. If I use the format string -> "%d <- I get perfect character alignment; however, since there are different numbers of digits the entire column moves back and forth. I am using w32lib function wputs to print. The text string sent to wputs is created by sprintf(). I am using courier, a monospace font. I have tentatively ruled out the printer (HP8610) - wputs combination because I can print a single character anywhere on the page that is "bang on" location wise (to the nearest few thousandths of an inch - dial calipers!). Has anyone out there explored this? Maybe found a solution? I suppose I could draw the characters on the page and then print the dots? Bite your tongue!

Thanks, in advance,
jd

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu