Re: Eunet or EuLibnet or TCP socket library (or socket.e)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Spock said...
ghaberek said...
Spock said...

Are there any suggestions as to how long the maximum length of each stage chould be? I am also thinking that (barring network delays) the timeouts should be based somewhat on the number of active connections.

Maybe have a look at execute_request() in std/net/http.e to see how it handles timeouts.

-Greg

Thanks for the reference. In that example the default timeout for the HTTP send-receive is 15 seconds but can be altered by the user. Other timeouts I have seen range from, eg, 30 seconds upwards. I'll use those figures as starting estimates and refine the concept over time.

Spock

I'm pleased with the server's performance now. I can firebomb it with dozens of simultaneous connections sending random strings (1k to 100k) of data and it handles them all without dropping any.. except when the string is less than the buffer size (Maximum Transmission Unit) thanks to Nagle's algorithm which coalesces subsequent "sends" until the buffer is full and then actually sends the data out. In my case it just times out the connection. I haven't been able to fix it and not sure where to start. I can sidestep the issue by ensuring that each string of data has a minimum size but that's really just a hack.

Spock
Forked into: Libharu dll trouble

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu