RedyCode 0.9.2 released

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

RedyCode version 0.9.2 has been officially released! Many important features have been added:

• Automatic error report! Go to error, fast save & run, view full report, automatically delete ex.err when error is cleared.
  • Improved project tree refresh Automatically refresh when window gets focus, display info when file has changed
  • External file protection displays info when a file is outside the project, defaults to read-only until you click Edit button to turn off read-only mode
  • Find/replace! forward/reverse, case sensitive or whole word options, replace all in file
  • Go to line number by clicking a routine in list of routines, or manually type in a line number
  • Bookmarks! Click on a line number to toggle bookmark, click in the bookmarks list to jump to line number
  • Double-click smart word/bracket selection makes it easy to select words, identifiers, whitespace, quotes, or matching brackets. Also works when you double-click and drag.
  • Multitasking improvements in textdoc.e now displays a thin progress bar at the top of the editor it it takes too long to process tokens and wordwrapping, and has smoother task switching so you can continue interacting with the GUI while it is busy. (This will hopefully became less important as I continue to optimize the graphics engine and textdoc.e processing loops).
  • many subtle improvements and bug fixes

I believe in not interrupting the user's workflow. As you will see in this release, I carefully designed these new features to not use popup dialogs as much as possible, so the file information and navigation controls are embedded in the main window out of the way of the text editor.

New Hotkeys:

• Ctrl+F - find (if text is selected within a single line, it will be copied to the Find text box)
  • Ctrl+H - replace (if text is selected within a single line, it will be copied to the Find text box)
  • F3 - find next (if Find textbox has focus, press enter first to begin search)
  • Shift+F3 - find previous
  • Ctrl+G - goto line (type number, press enter)
  • Ctrl+S - save current file

These new features should make the editor much more useable. I have actually been using RedyCode more and more to edit it's own source code. (It takes time to get used to a new editor, even if I designed it!) In the next few weeks, there may be another release with Undo working, editor performance improvements, and possibly some basic auto-complete and visual widget builder. It will depend on how much free time I have. After that, look forward to v1.0 with many improvements to RedyLib itself and complete API documentation early 2017.

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu