Re: include files observation and question

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Hi

Yes, does look like a scope issue rather than a bug.

I disagree. If this were a SCOPE issue I would expect errors to show up when the interpreter runs. There were no errors reported at any time. Also, when the included files were physically assembled into one big source file, along with the 'main' or top file, it ran fine, no complaints. If there were scope problems I would have expected the scope problem to follow into the new single source file. One problem was that calling a procedure that is in an included file from another included file procedure sometimes failed, without any error notice. Just nothing happened. I use namepaces. Inclusion is (usually) a relatively simple process. Just stick the code in place of the include statement (with appropriate adjustments for name spaces).
I have read the article you cite. I use only the simplest case. Included files contain only procedures and functions. No other declarations of any kind outside of the procedure or function.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu