User errors in caling functions.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Consider that for regex split, the pattern comes first. For sequence split the subject comes first. This is an inconsistency that bothers me. Parse time types in c helps this some what. Python allows you to specify arguments by name, yet it is not used because it is a pain to supply this each time you call a routine or method.

I think it is useful for an ide to change positional parameters to named. As we know, Euphoria doesn't have named parameters but someday maybe. Okay, Wee shows you the parameter names when you start writing the parameters to any routine call. This helps some. Wee seems to choose which routine I mean at random rather than by the namespace I use when I call it.

Routines that tzke boolean parameters like allocate() won't show you an error if you send it say a routine id. I tried to solve this with alternative literals branch but I didn't and don't have time to maintain it.

Shawn

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu