Re: UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...

In my opinion, the committee has failed though.

Thank you for being brave enough to say that.

xecronix said...

While an official GUI was stated earlier this week, there has been no discussions on how to integrate the project with OE.

I didn't realize it at the time, but the deadline for the committee was between two major US holidays (US Thanksgiving and the Winter Solstice holidays like Yule and Hannaka). Furthermore, we had a third holiday in the middle of the commitee's work as well (Halloween). As all three committee members are from or are in the US, this may have been a factor in what happened.

ChrisB said...

Disagree totally.

I've been using Eu in it's various guises since 2001 (ish) and this last month or two (apart from the change from 3.xx to 4.xx) has been the biggest leap I have seen in Eu.

You and the other committee have put in some great effort, please keep it up.

I agree with all the aims of the conmittee, and while you may not be able to achieve all of them straight away, you are only a very short hop from them.

Interesting point. If the committee approach worked out in general, but just ran out of time before it could finish everything, then I think it certainly makes sense to extend the deadline (and perhaps, now that a more realistic view of how long everything will take is known, several goal posts to mark intermediate stages).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu