Re: Euphoria's inconsistent typing

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
elias_maluko said...

About Phix, i took a look at the site and could not understand how its different from euphoria (why should i use this instead of openeuphoria?).

There are plenty of reasons to stick with OpenEuphoria - it works on more platforms, it has more features, more people working on it, etc.

There is nothing to stop you trying Phix on the same computer, but if you run pgui/Settings, make sure you understand how to undo any changes you make that could affect OpenEuphoria, namely select merge undo.reg from the dropdown and click OK.

I might suggest the following reasons why someone might prefer to use Phix: smaller install, easier to modify and rebuild, threads, direct comparison (eg name="pete"), variable length slice substitution, automatic includes, and named parameters. There's also a new properly short-circuited iff() construct that I'm starting to find very useful, and a nifty little scanf() routine. There are also reasons to stay away.

There is nothing wrong with the two co-existing, quite the opposite I hope.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu