Re: Wee editor 0.36

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
_tom said...
PeteE said...

On the wild idea of supporting GTK on Windows, I could probably add it, but what is the reason for it? I personally prefer native controls.

Just curious. Just wondering if changing a simple ifdef lets Wee become a GTK app on Windows.

Not quite. I'd also need to figure out how and build scintillaGTK32.dll and scintillaGTK64.dll, then upload those to the repo. The updater and Wee both use the platform ifdef defines to determine which dlls to download and use, and would need a new define for GTK_WIN and always pass it to eui and euc, etc.

_tom said...

A small suggestion for Wee. In the menus change "translate" to "compile." The semantics is, while you invoke a translator, the effect you get is a compilation. A novice will understand "compile" while translating is more abstract. Notice name euc (not eut).

I'm not so sure. The documentation refers to it as the Euphoria to C Translator or just Translator and doesn't put emphasis on the compilation step after the translation to C has happened. Perhaps euc is a just a shortened Euphoria to C.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu