Re: Need help GTK on Windows

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Danke!

I was fooled by the euphoriagtk home page which currently states:

""" New with version 4.9.0: I have tested this with Windows 7 and the 64-bit version of the Gtk libraries for
Windows. Sorry, I do not have a 32-bit Windows installation to test. It works well, with only a few relatively
minor glitches, related to use of theme icons and locale. Euphoria programs running on Windows have the
Windows native look and feel (translucent titlebars, etc). """

jimcbrown said...

Or, for a message view, see andi49's post at http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/128484.wc

In short, it looks like EuGTK needs to have some plus signs added to switch over to cdecl calls (instead of stdcall).

Success!

I added two lines to the GtkEngine.e, and now I get demos to work. That is with a virtual Windows XP as a window on Linux.

Irv, try this fix please.

My conclusion (for a non Windows user) is that with a "gtk bundle" it is simple to add the needed files for Windows. Gtk can now be considered to be a cross-platform GUI for Euphoria.

_tom

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu