Re: Is there a good Windows or cross-platform Euphoria IDE?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...

Statically link for all 5 supported platforms? Including osx, unix like, and ARM systems too?

Hey, I'm a user. I just want to deliver solutions to my clients (all one of them) as simply as possible. Technical details are for other people to work out. blink

I believe I statically compiled wxBasic for Windows, Linux and OS X. It's been a while, and I've blocked the gory details of dealing with MAKE files from memory. I never had to deal with ARM systems.

For wxBasic, I ended up creating two versions - one with wxWidgets, and one without that was simply a command-line version.

If you're not willing to bifurcate the OE codebase, then you'll obviously have to use .dlls.

There's always going to be the questions of what you want to support. Will a GUI-enabled version of OE be to the exclusion of other projects? At what point do you decide that something is part of the "kitchen sink", or something is not?

It's great for users to create projects, but if OE is going to adopt a vision, I think this needs to be part of the core. The difference between using ed and WEE is night and day - it's makes the language one that I want to use, because I don't feel I have to re-invent the wheel.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu