Re: Is there a good Windows or cross-platform Euphoria IDE?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

I'll be up-front about this: I think OE should adopt the wxWidgets library.

I agree 100%. When last we spoke you were working on an wrapper generator for wxWidgets. I'm all for that, but I've been down that road several times before and I always get lost. Conversely, I was able to write a complete wrapper generator for IUP in a few hours over a couple of days. That gave me the complete IUP library in its native API (as opposed to Jeremy's version) which allowed me to follow the documentation nearly verbatim to get The Euphoria Editor started in a few days.

dcuny said...

One "nice to have" for OE would be a better way to declare callbacks. I understand there are issues with scoping, and arguments for minimalism about using routine_id(). But it's always feels clunky. There's got to be a more elegant way to do things.

My wrapper for IUP adds this neat little function:

public function Icallback( sequence name, atom rid = routine_id(name) ) 
    return call_back( rid ) 
end function 

So I can easily do things like this in my code:

function action_cb( atom self ) 

return IUP_DEFAULT 
end function 

IupSetCallback( button, "ACTION", Icallback("action_cb") ) 

Is that easy or what? I learned a while ago that when routine_id() is called as a part of a default parameter, it runs in the caller's scope, so that it returns the expected result at the point of the call.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu