Re: UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I spent some time trying to compile iup on Mac OSX yesterday. Getting the GTK libraries isn't too hard these days: MacPorts (installs to /opt/local, slow, compiling takes hours) or Homebrew (installs soft-links to /usr/local, fast, installs binaries instead of compiling in most cases)

There are two modes of GTK on OSX: one that uses X11 app and the appearance uses the default GTK theme, and one called gtk-quartz-engine and uses native widgets. The X11 code works fine, and I use it with WEE all the time. The quartz stuff is not clear what works and what is deprecated, but I'm hoping to try it out more later. It would be a lot nicer if iup could skip GTK and use native OSX widgets directly.

The iup core library could be compiled with either mode, but I hit a snag with a missing dependency on a "cd" library. Turns out to be CanvasDraw, but I didn't get a chance to try it yet.

Anyway, this is me volunteering to test the OSX side of things.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu