UI/IDE committee

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...

Agreed. But, This topic has plagued this community for a very long time. Honestly, this topic deserves the attention of a strike team. 3 OpenEuphoria volunteers voted in to decide:

• What toolkit to include with OpenEuphoira
  • What IDE should be included with OpenEuphoria
  • How to make sure that the official toolkit and IDE will work on each platform it's is installed on.

Why 3 and not all? Because years have gone by and as a community this has not been decided on yet. There will be heated debates and long conversations and finally the decision to not include anything will likely again emerge. 3 people have a better chance at making something happen. Those of us that are not part of the strike team will need to accept that not everyone can be happy about the outcome of this decision.

I like this idea.

Here's what's going to happen. xecronix and _tom, you two will be on the committee. You will pick the third member of the committee within one week from now.

Then the committee will have 31 days from the end of that week (or 38 days from now) to come up with a solution. If you can't come to an agreement by then, then it's over.

However, once the committee picks a choice, then it'll be adopted and committed to trunk.

I don't really have the power to just 'make it so', but it's been a few days and no one has objected to this approach, so I'm comfortable with it.

If there are serious objections to this approach, then I'll take it to a community-wide vote. But if there aren't, then I think it's safe to assume that a majority of the community agrees and we should go forth with this concept.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu