Re: So... what are you working on?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

When I first returned to the Euphoria community, I was considering writing a Mod DJ. Mod tracking is a really old school music making technique that involves stitching together tiny wav samples to make a complex song called a Mod.

Anyway, the program I plan to start will grab an RSS feed from a cool Modarchive site. The RSS would be parsed for new mods to be downloaded locally. There I'll keep a database of mods that includes things like, the last time I played the mod, my opinion of the mod (thumbs up or down), and other such data. The DJ will then play "Random" mods based on this information.

Initially, I planned to script together a GTK front end to a few command line programs, including curl (fetch the rss), milkyplayer, (plays mods), and of course I'd need to parse the xml. (Several options for this). Now I go back and forth between my original idea and wrapping up dlls and writing the whole thing in Euphoria.

But I'm distracted from my project at the moment. I'm working on the EuDrop Project smile But there are some overlaps between the two projects so, maybe I am working on both?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu