Re: graphics mode 261 query

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
eeel said...

with regards to there being 'no longer a lot of interest in DOS graphics programming' i must say that the only reason i am used to using euphoria in DOS32 mode rather than WIN32 mode is because the reference manual stated that graphics commands (routines?) like PIXEL, DRAW_LINE & GRAPHICS_MODE could only be used in DOS32 mode and i could not find any similar graphics commands to use in WIN32 mode which baffled me at the time (and still does - if & when it crosses my mind) but i simply decided to choose the mode that seemed to allow me to easily achieve what i wanted to do - which was simple pixel manipulation at fullscreen native resolution

The dos_rescue library really does sound like what you're looking for. With that, you can still use the "classic" DOS32 pixel graphics routines in Windows.

Otherwise, you can try Win32Lib, wxEuphoria, or ARWEN as Pete demonstrated. They all have a lot of pixel graphics routines.

Could you give us an example of what you're trying to do? We could try to replicate it here.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu