Re: graphics mode 261 query

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ChrisB said...

Hi eeel

The problem with this is that this is a DOS mode, and there is no longer a lot of interest in DOS graphics programming. There is dos_rescue which may be of interest to you, but DOS modes are no longer officially supported in the current eu.

Look at the other graphics libraries, particularly SDL and opengl for pixel control and graphics - allegro is getting a bit long in the tooth now,

Chris

thank you chris for the speedy reply

i am just gettin back into attempting very simple euphoria 2-D graphics programming and i am used to using just a few simple euphoria 3.1 routines like GRAPHICS_MODE, ALL_PALETTE, PIXEL and DISPLAY_IMAGE some of which needed me to 'INCLUDE' the graphics.e and image.e libraries at the beginning of my program and all of which were documented in the reference manual which i found very useful to consult

i checked out your suggestions and unfortunately felt confused & overwhelmed by the amount & the content of the files

maybe i was naively expecting nothing more than a small number of .e (or .ew if i'm to 'give up' on DOS32) files (similar to graphics.e and image.e with maybe documentation on the routines syntax) to put in the INCLUDE folder, to be used in the same way

i would be very interested to find out if something as basic as this is exists that will easily allow me to (for example) have a fullscreen 1024x768 graphics mode on to which i can plot a single pixel at any coordinate in one of 16 (or even 256) colors in WIN32

sorry i don't understand much about machine code or different graphics 'cards'

i originally learnt 'high-level' programming on the zx spectrum & commodore64 (simon's basic) and so when i first heard about euphoria for programming on a PC i was hoping it would just as easy to 'PLOT' pixels onscreen

i guess my poor old brain is stuck in the eighties

still - any suggestions about very basic graphics programming on windowsXP will be most welcome

thanks again chris and to anyone else with any ideas for me to consider

eel

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu