Re: OT: how to securely produce a large data file for "one time tape" encryption input

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thanks Greg,
but yes I do want to "roll my own". I know what my code does, what back-doors might be in someone else's I can't say.
I won't upload it for anyone else because whoever wants it, would be as paranoid as myself and would not want to use it.
Keep in mind, once your info is out there, it can never be retracted. Why make it easy for the data collectors? The one-time-pad (tape) method is the ONLY encryption that is actually uncrackable, assuming unlimited resources is thrown at a decryption effort.
Any encryption where the key is of shorter length than the plaintext, is vulnerable, because there is a relationship.
While I am not in any way an authority on this subject... Without mentioning details that could get me in trouble, I have had 2 years in the armed forces where amongst other things I learned Morse code and had lots and lots of practice with groups of numbers ;)
Here's a funny quote: "Just because I am paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get me"

Thanks,
Alan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu