Re: eugtk history

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
andi49 said...

Hi

with the simple changes from my last post and downloading the big http://win32builder.gnome.org/gtk+-bundle_3.6.4-20130921_win32.zip

also GTK 3.6.4 with EuGtk 4.9.9 will work on Windows (32bit) (tested on Win10).

The Wikipage should be changed back to 'at least basiclly working with Windows' or something like this.

I will not do any more testing, and i have not tested the 64bit Version.

But i think changing a Wikipage without real proving is not okay!

Keep in mind GTK3 is not uptodate on Windows and it is not really supported by the GTK team.

Andreas

I haven't really kept up on EuGtk, but i agree with andi49. I think if windows support is having issues, the wiki page should be updated to explain that. What is the point of the wiki pages? To give really basic and useless info, or to give details of something so other people can know the whole truth of the status of something so they can learn what's going on with euphoria projects and make an informed decision on whether or not to use something or help to come up with a solution for it? Food for thought.

By the way, perhaps a little off topic, but, i have always been a little bit annoyed about how little information the wiki pages have about stuff. If people would spend some time working on wiki pages that give useful information about the projects they are creating with euphoria, that could be very useful. I feel like i'm the only one who does that with my Redy project and related applications, like i try too hard to market my incomplete software. It makes me wonder if i'm weird or something. But i wish other people would try to convince others why they should try their euphoria library or application. Maybe what i'm trying to say is i wish the euphoria community would do more to "market" their stuff, not just put it out there. That goes for euphoria itself, as well as libraries and applications, and even ideas about how to improve things in the euphoria community.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu