Re: EXACT meaning of 2 error messages

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
eddo said...

"sequence typo" runs without any errors for me. You seem to be saying this should error out with "type expected here" message...(on "typo")

erm,

ghaberek said...

The following is a perfectly valid Euphoria program. It does nothing, but it's valid code and it runs and exits immediately.

sequence typo 

Please don't take this the wrong way but I feel I have to raise two points: Firstly, if you are lost in the desert and bump into a nomad who only speaks tuareg, saying "where is the nearest telephone?", however loudly, is unlikely to get you very far. There are obvious parallels between communicating with another human being in a spoken language such as tuareg and communicating with a computer in a programming language such as Euphoria, and exactly the same kinds of angers and frustrations will inevitably occur. In the latter we can sometimes improve matters, but only once we fully understand the difficulty, and have carefully considered all the other cases we must cater for, so as not to mislead someone else even worse.

Secondly, if you go to the doctor and say "My child is ill", the doctor will simply say "where is your child?". I trust the parallels of that need no further explanation.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu