Re: EXACT meaning of 2 error messages

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

OK - sorry for the delay - From what I understand, Euphoria is giving me a "type is expected here" error because it thinks its within the parameter list of a function declaration. Why it thought this, I have no idea, but it must have thought so, or it couldn't have been expecting a type. Right? Maybe if I move the declaration to a new spot in the source, I won't get the invalid error reported? Euphoria is also seeing my "sequence" declaration as a variable which it thinks I must make an assignment to because there's nothing else I could do to a variable at that location, but WHY is it seeing "sequence" as a variable? I would think that I must have some gross error in syntax or spelling before it. I must! But everything looks perfect. I'm telling you my thinking so you know how I'm attempting to "code around" the problem. I remember someone mentioning "rogue sequence sequence's as being something that could mess up Euphoria in making it think "screwy" so it could produce invalid error reports. But the code looks perfect! Is my thinking about what is going on in Euphoria's interpreter sort-of correct? When Euphoria gives the "expected assignment" error, why is it seeing the reserved word "sequence" as a variable? How could this happen? What could I try to try to make the problem go away?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu