Re: Unified libraries to allow porting code to other oses

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi Irv,

irv said...

Is this wxWidgets 3? or the old 2.8?

It is based on wxEuphoria 0.1.7 which wraps the old wxWidgets 2.8.

irv said...

Will it require distribution of an .so or .dll other than those installed by wxWidgets itself?

Yes, wxEuphoria is a wrapper on a specific DLL.

irv said...

Is this already available? Can it be written in Euphoria? Can we maintain it?

Il is available, but wraps a DLL written in C, which itself refers to wxWidgets, as far as I understand. Honestly, I use it because it is multi-platform, but for a pure Linux system, or if the Windows version was distributed with a set of DLLs, I would not spend too much time on it as it is unmainained since many years and there is a lack of coherence in function naming in wxWidgets, and wxEuphoria follows wxWidgets as close as possible.

Better would be to have an version of EuGtK that shares syntax with a windows library: an eugtkSimple or whatever name it could get, in the KISS phylosophy (Keep It Simple ...). *Simple may not be the best way to name a set of libraries sharing a common syntax. a kis prefix might be more relevant, or something like that.

Regards

Jean-Marc

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu