Re: Unified libraries to allow porting code to other oses

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

python had anygui in the late 90's similar idea, lowest common denominator of all the gui toolkits. the project was mostly working but abandoned before it could get enough community support, devs moved on. I haven't used python much in the last 10 years so I don't remember any of the details.

with you 100% on consolidating functions. Qt has a variety of set & get functions for text. I was able to use the meta class functions on the widget pointer to find which class it belongs to and use a switch in the wrapper to call the right routine for a label or a text widget and a few other.

there are pro's and con's when diverging from the routine names of the widget sets. you can't always account for all the extra parameters. some widgets didn't derive from objects so they need their own routine names wrapped. now the user has no easy way to know which widgets setText will not work with.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu