Re: Prior Releases

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
fizzpopsoft said...

Interestingly, one of these was a "mistake" where Rob Craig allowed for routines to be used before specified, probably as the parser is two-pass anyway.
He corrected that quickly as he believed that define-before-use was his philosophy for Euphoria.

It's not Rob's exclusive philosophy. It's fundamental. I guess Rob knows that very well...

It simply makes a better code and better coders. And it's a fundamental principle in most areas in life, physics, mechanics, martial-arts - almost anything. i.e.: you cannot use something that is not already exists. period.
Or, you cannot move an object without a source of energy. i.e. simple logic must follow the simplicity of nature itself.

I would be very very careful before I criticize Rob's work. Version 3.1.1 is still my favorite, because of its perfection. (my personal opinion).

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu