Re: Building 4.1.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

If something went wrong with this program (for example, you don't have hg installed or you built out of something other than an hg working copy) then the revision will bre reported as unknown.

Okay, I do have mercurial installed. But it's the second part I don't get: Of course I'm building out of something other than an hg working copy; I'm building out of euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz as per the links on http://openeuphoria.org/wiki/view/DownloadEuphoria.wc . In fact further down the page it

said...

From Source-code To install from source you need a C compiler. Download the Source Package for your platform and then:

% cd euphoria-4.0.0-src/source  
% ./configure  
% make  
% make install 

So have I been wasting my time trying to get a working build from the sources in euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz? Should I just hook into the mercurial repository? Or is there some script that takes the precompiled binaries in euphoria-4.1.0-Linux-x64-57179171dbed.tar.gz and sticks them in the relevant places?

I am a bit niggled by this.

bugmagnet

P.S. What is ecp.dat and where should it be? Make install went looking and didn't find it. (See an earlier posting for the full typescript)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu