Re: Openeuphoria.org backups

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ryanj said...
jimcbrown said...
ChrisB said...

Hi

How big are the backups?

Chris

A database dump is currently around 2.2G

Wow, i didn't realize it was that big. I can probably offer 12GB of storage, and there is a 2TB/mo traffic limit. Does that sound reasonable?

Yes, we can probably live with that (we'd probably only need the last couple of days), especially if we have alternative backup sites.

Ekhnat0n said...

I have surplus space on my website of appr. 15Gb (no trafficlimit), so there could be a multiple back-up choice.

That would be perfect.

Ekhnat0n said...

I can open a directory oe on it so the link would be to oe.buscadero.nl

I could provide an index-file with all files listed if none exists yet though it would ofc take some time creating that

Not sure if this is necessary. We just need a place to dump files, not mirror the site itself.

fizzpopsoft said...

Honestly , no insult intended for anyone offering personal resources....., but if the Euphoria data (backups) are important, it makes more sense to store that data somewhere under the Eu admins exclusive ownership ?

This makes sense, but no single alternative place is bullet-proof. This is why I like the idea of having multiple backup locationss so much.

fizzpopsoft said...

If a external site owner suddenly has a beef and decides to delete the backups, or does not renew his site, the backups are gone forever.

Agreed. However, it's certainly possible for a hosting provider to up and disappear in the middle of the night, taking all our backups with them as well (though very unlikely).

fizzpopsoft said...

FWIW money was donated a long time ago, with the suggestion that it gets used to host a decent Euphoria server - the last post on that subject was that the money had yet to be spent. So how about it, admins - no time like the present?

I see no reason not to choose to do all of the above - the more the merrier.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu