Re: string_exec()

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
mattlewis said...
katsmeow said...

Way back when, the solution was dynamic includes, but of course they couldn't be un-included, and there were other issues (like eventually you simply ran out of the encompassing program). Dynamic includes were normal includes, but sprinkled thruout the program, possibly written by the program itself before they were included. I don't recall anyone suggesting those be sandboxed.

Pleading for string execution is like beating a dead horse, and i am weary and feel hopeless. It's not going to happen. I made a mistake sticking with wintel, trying nix, and waiting on Euphoria to grow up. It's that simple.

You talk like this is an easy thing to make happen and we're not doing it to spite you. There are legitimate concerns that a lot of people have in addition to the implementation challenges, which are significant. I'm not your slave and trying to guilt trip me into something like this isn't going to work, either.

Matt

I didn't invalidate other's concerns, except they don't allow what i wish to do, they don't apply in my case. I understand it's significant work, altho i don't understand why, because i did it 30 years ago, and i have asked for it in Euphoria for over a decade. And there's not any guilt trip, you all decided not to do string execution back when i was still using win95, and i hung around till now because Euphoria is otherwise a very capable language, hoping you'd change your minds. I was stupid to not just move on. I am just too tired of repeating myself to go on discussing this as if it will eventually happen.

Kat

Please take any venting off the forum.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu