Re: string_exec()

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
katsmeow said...

Would it be easy to call the existing routines, slightly modified, as jimcbrown mentions, and use them in an include with the new top-level option of "include nothing" or "inherit nothing" or something more (mild and controllable), to make the desired clean sterile environment?

I guess it depends on what you're doing. I assume, however, that the point of running some dynamic code is to have it affect your program. If it's completely isolated from your program it doesn't seem very useful.

Matt

Is there no grey area? I was trying to find a way to allow your sandbox, and allow me to include the whole world, which is why i said "or something more (mild and controllable), to make the desired clean sterile environment". Your desired environment is "blistering white", mine is "don't reformat the harddrives". You would not allow anything useful to happen, i would just trounce the system calls.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu