Re: OpenEuphoria's Strategy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...
jimcbrown said...

Why isn't Python an option? You explained the other two, but omitted Python. Just curious.

Ooops. I should have written Lua, not Python.

To be honest, I probably should be using Python.

But I figured it would probably be easier to port the code to Euphoria, since it would have less of a learning curve. I'd already gone through the suffering of porting the code to C, and didn't want to learn a new language.

Plus, the code needs to run reasonably fast. It's a voice synthesis program, and even in C was pretty slow. Euphoria gives the option to fall back to a compiled version. I figured that if Python turned out to be too slow, I'd pretty much be stuck, and have to port the program yet again.

- David

David,

There's bound to be some inner loop that is required to be as fast as possible. If the HL equivalent isn't too lengthy said inner loop could be written in ASM. Almost like Pete has done in Phix, I use ASM snippets in Orac. Since apparently C is not fast enough do you require MMX operations?

(I hope I won't be sorry I asked ..)

Spock

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu