Re: Auto Update for WEE?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

Something I should have asked for in the auto-update: A changelog! smile

Specifically, some why of seeing in WEE what the latest changes are. Having an option in the Help menu could load the change log, and it could automatically be loaded when the updater is run.

- David

Well, I've been just putting changelog comments in wee.exw for each change, but haven't been keeping track of the version number. After all, WEE is an editor for developers, haven't you looked at the source code? Since the ui is split into Windows and GTK files, I've started putting changelog comments into those files as well. And now that I'm using git version control, I've got to write a changelog for each commit too. But my git discipline is lacking, and I frequently forget to do only one feature per commit, and end up with a mish mash of things in commit logs and patches. I'll consider a menu item for showing a changelog, but no promises.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu