Re: "Fixed" bug

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

I submitted a bug report last night. The bug crashed Euphoria hard.

Thank you for doing this. Getting these tickets filed is one of the more troublesome tasks imvho.

dcuny said...

Checking on the status of the bug, I see it listed as "Normal" severity, "Fixed" and assigned to no one.

This has me confused for a number of reasons.

How is this a "Normal" bug, and not "Major"? I don't see any guidelines on how bugs are ranked, but I'd assumed that an error crashes the interpreter to be pretty severe.

The ticket form just defaults to normal. I'd argue that such a severe bug should actually be Blocking, though others might have different opinions. Anyways, as the original ticket submitter, you should be able to update the severity status to what you think is appropriate.

dcuny said...

What does "Fixed" mean? A single developer reported that they didn't have that issue on their version of Euphoria:

Platform: WinNT, Build: WinXP, Service Pack 2:2  
no crash eui or euc  

must be related to an old bug already fixed? 

Apparently this was enough for someone to feel the bug could be closed, despite the latest note indicating that it's a confirmed issue in a recent build:

Confirmed with: 

$ eui -v  
Euphoria Interpreter v4.1.0 development  
   64-bit Linux, Using System Memory  
   Revision Date: 2015-02-02 14:18:53, Id: 6300:57179171dbed  

Matt was very ambiguous with what he wrote. I interpreted this to mean that he confirmed that it was fixed, not that it's confirmed as still an issue - especially as it looks like Matt was the one who marked the ticket as fixed.

dcuny said...

And if it was fixed, how can I get a copy of the "fixed" version? It still crashes on my machine.

What's going on here? sad

- David

Unless ne1uno or someone else can provide you with their binary, you'd have to installl the MinGW compiler and build your own version from source.

One of the long term tasks is to get a build server set up so binaries will be produced automatically on a daily basis. This way you could just download the latest binary, build from today's source. We used to have this, but currently lack one.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu