Re: Who is compiling Eu, and why?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
katsmeow said...

So is the compiler to be frozen at v4.0.5 or v4.1.0?

Neither. There are no plans to do this. The translator will not be frozen.

Is it correct that features of 4.1 are frozen and we are just waiting for some bugs to be fixed before releasing it?

katsmeow said...

Can plans be made now on what to do the day after the next release? Is that v4.1.0? Can steps be put in motion, polls be taken, options be put forth, tidbits tested? What features can we expect? What can those of us who are not devs be doing to help?

I have been thinking about scripting language features for euphoria for years and have danced around the Euphoria source without really diving in and trying to fully understand how it works. I have been avoiding working on the core of Euphoria or building it from source because i am not a C programmer, i am a Euphoria programmer! Perhaps it is time for me to get more involved. I could create a new branch called "euscript" that focuses on experimenting with features needed to use Euphoria as a scripting language. Perhaps with the help of a few people, we could come up with something interesting.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu