Re: WEE auto-complete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

One feature I miss from the Euphoria editor is auto-completion of blocks. For example:

if ... 

autocompletes to something like:

if ... then 

end if 

Yes, so much yes. I adored this feature in EE, and will be adding it to WEE eventually.

dcuny said...

The Ctrl+Space behavior would also be nice if it inserted the missing include at the top of the file on selection.

Agreed; the current behavior (the include is a comment) is a half-baked solution. I wouldn't want to put it at the very top of the file, but after the first group of includes in the file.

dcuny said...

It would be nice if the Subroutine Arguments (Shift+F2) worked a bit smarter. Currently, you have to select the routine name in order for the arguments to display. What would be nicer is if it popped up automatically. The simplest way (but not most robust) would be to look for a '(' key being pressed. It would then look to the left of the parenthesis to see if there were an token there that belonged to a function. If there was, it could automatically display the argument list for that routine.

Yeah, popping up on pressing '(' key should be doable. I would also like to see the current argument highlighted like intellisense does. Counting commas backwards seems like the most straightforward solution, but it wouldn't work right if a comma appears in a string, function call, or sequence literal. I could probably use the parser's expression evaluator to figure out which argument to highlight... won't know until I try.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu