Re: bootloaders

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

The level of your knowledge, Mr. Jim Brown is very clear for everybody to see. You said, even after reconsidering your previous statements :
" I therefore revise my original statement as follows:

"Better than doing it in reverse - even today, it appears that current M$ OSes STILL will refuse to give you a dual boot option with Linux/GNU when installed out of the box."

It does appear that third-party software, such as the non-M$ owned EasyBCD, will allow you to rectify this situation after the fact. However, that has always been the case. "

M$ OSes will NOT refuse to give you a dual boot option, and do NOT refuse to give you a dual boot option with Linux/GNU when Windows is installed out of the box. Linuxes are generally NOT installed out of the box, because only a few actually buy Linuxes. Mostly they download or get a free CD. There are a few who do bu Rethat commercial version and some others, but these are a very small minority.

EasyBCD is a MORE COMFORTABLE AND EASY way of rearranging the boot sequence. For many people (like me) who are knowledgeable about boot.ini, it is a simple matter of loading it under Wordpad and changing the sequence.

Regarding your statement about Code of conduct:
I am aware of your propensity to use your powers as admin or Moderator (or whatever you are) to cut out or edit conversation that attempts to correct your mistakes. That helps neither you nor the person to who advise was being given. I have noticed your use of these powers against others in this forum, and I have noticed similar Admin attitude in other forums, where the BIG CHIEF feels threatened. I am about 10 times more knowledgeable than you are about hardware and things like boot software,and no amount of sketchy reading on your part is going to alter your level of knowledge that actually doing it yourself.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu