Re: Pass by Reference

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
dcuny said...

Am I misunderstanding something here?

You are assuming that return 1,2,3 and a,b,c=f() has been accepted while I am assuming it has been rejected. I still don't feel the benefits have been proved, or have been so vaguely described (or more often perhaps using you cannot when I think you can and therefore not counted) that I don't think I could even list them, at least not distinct from a still-{}-populated world. Admittedly my last post had a missing implied "if you adhere to this style, maybe we could have some useful compile-time messages" theme, sorry about that. Plus, the fact there would be two semantically different forms of multiple assignment, that might happen to be implemented identically under the hood, might just be a little too difficult for me. I've only just grasped the full extent of the call_func() issue and yes that gets horribly messy because it has to drag all this stuff out of the parser and right into the runtime/translator, for very little benefit.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu