Re: wxEuphoria - On hover

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Steady said...

I will work on Greg's suggestion. It seems a horrendous task. I suppose I will have to convert all my 15 comboboxes to reside within a grid of 1x15, and then define all the parameters which the mouse might visit to open the comboboxes, and before clicking the combobox should open if I simulate "open combo box" event. That last part might be difficult. I have about 15 comboboxes with 6-17 items in each, at present occupying very little real estate. At one point I did have these 120 or so items displayed nicely in a grid of 15 rows, 20 columns, but that was rejected because it occupied too much real estate.

There are functions in wxWidgets for wxComboBox called Popup() and Dismiss() which behave much as you'd expect. In theory, you could trigger a call to Popup() on wxEVT_ENTER_WINDOW and to Dismiss() on wxEVT_LEAVE_WINDOW and that would trigger the dropdown automatically when the mouse hovers over the wxComboBox control. In theory, of course. However, the problem is that these functions were added in wxWidgets 2.9.1 and the latest version of wxEuphoria is still based on the 2.8 series, so they are not currently wrapped in wxEuphoria. I have not been in the business of updating wxEuphoria recently but that should happen sooner than later so I will see if I can get something together soon.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu