Re: Pass by Reference

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...

I think someone was saying something like that, but I don't think it was me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to attribute it to you. I was just too lazy to look up who had written it. smile

As for starting at -100, I tried to address that with a prior post. We've got many things in Euphoria that we could (conceptually) do without, such as for loops, and (thanks for the addition) forward references.

While these can be done without adding new features, they make Euphoria a much more pleasant language to use because Euphoria keeps track of those details for you.

I despised having to use routine_id() and call_routine() to simulate forward references. Again, being able to simulate something is not the same as actually having the feature.

It continues to baffle me why anyone would want to do the work of the compiler. To me, "simple" doesn't mean "poor" - it means "elegant", "consistent" and "not difficult to use". A sequence is a wonderful thing, but having a hammer doesn't mean everything is a nail, even if it can be hit by a hammer.

- David

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu