Re: Try/Catch

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Reply to David:

1. Using 'spec' with procedures is possible as offered in previous post...
  2. We don't need magic error codes. In 99% I believe that -1 or {} will do.
  3. I already used error codes in DFS.E (DOS File System) for example. You can download it and see how consistent and easy it is. Actually I follow the principles of Euphoria 3.1.1 itself: -1 for FAIL to return a sequence; and Booleans for anything else. As far as I remember. Honestly, there was nothing more easy and clear then this. And that's the way I always work, and Euphoria as well.
  4. Of course, the need for a mature strategy is not about why Try/Catch - it's about how Try/Catch...! And not just for Try/Catch, but for anything else, now, and in the future. HOW is the keyword here.
  5. I have nothing against Try/Catch or ON ERROR GOTO or any other approach. I just believe that hiding Try/Catch in the low level and use error codes in the high level, will keep the language simple as it is. (imagine that 15 more complex and new programming methods will be added to the language... that's getting really really confusing and less simple then it meant to be...).
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu